Thursday, September 07, 2006

Long Time no Post

I just looked at my last post and as amazing as it may seem its been over a month since my last post. Where has the time gone??

The end of July was filled iwth Birthday Celebrations and fun, fun, fun in G-Town for both Sarah's and my birthdays. I then jetted off to MI for a month of audits which were so-so. The state of MI was simply beautifull except for Detroit and I spend considerable time with my aunt and uncle preparing for the week long hike on the Pictured Rocks National Park Lakeshore Trail in the UP. It was so enjoyable to spend time just getting to know Kathy again and I had the great fortune to see my cousin for a couple of drinks and dinner along with his wife and their new daughter. Dusting and I spent hours just laughing and talking about the good old days.

The last week of the month I was on vacation, glorious vacation. Kathy and I had a great time backpacking and I have some great pictures. I managed to change my airline ticket and return to Dallas a day early so I could drive down to SA early and start Ryans Birthday celebrations off in proper style.

After spending an excellent holiday weekend in SA with Sarah, Ryan and Rachel I returned to Dallas to face the dreaded task of going back to work after being on Vacation. And now I'm in Dayton OH.....its good to be back in the midwest again. I love the cooler temps but miss being close to Sarah, Ryan and Rachel. But on the flip side an excellent opportunity work-wise has presented itself and I am so hopeful and optimistic concerning this promotion that I can hardly see straight. But I'm doing my best to keep it under wraps except for my closest friends who I have enlisted to pray, send good thoughts and chant mantras to my achieving this potential new position.

Tomorrow is the first audit in the Dayton OH area. Then I fly out at 6am on Sat for Mpls and the 7th annual St. Paul Bike Classic with the family. I'm actually looking forward the the weekend following the bike classic as the last two months have been nonstop go, go, go and I can't wait to just sleep in on Sat and Sun with nothing on the plate, no planes to catch and time to kill (maybe I'll catch a movie!!).

But more to follow later. I've gotta crash if I'm going to be civil tomorrow.....

G'nite all!

1 comment:

Sarah Loyd said...

Yay! Yay! I'm so glad you're blogging again and I hope you get the new gig!!!!