Sunday, September 24, 2006

News and updates

So life has been happening at an extraordinarily rapid pace. a potentially very exciting promotion has dropped so to speak in my lap and I am eagerly anticipating the next step in the audition process. It has been a whirlwind of events as I had no idea that I was even a potential candidate for this new position. And while I don't want to jinx it in any way let me just say that I really, really want this new position. It would be a fantastic next step.

Aside from that and the multitude of flight arrangements, schedule adjustments, car rental adjustments and paperwork that had been done for this potential position I realized that this position would not only be a good career move but also would provide me with a stable base from which to actually have a life. I was thinking about this the other day. Instead of audit trips that last up to 6 weeks if not more I would now be back in Dallas every weekend or at the most every two weekends. I could join a church (shocking thought I realize), I could go out and maybe, just maybe enjoy a realationship that is an adult, mature relationship that could have a future. What a concept. Plus in addition I could actually see those people who are important to me!

I just see so many potential benefits and nominal downsides to this transition. Lets hope and pray it all turns out as it ought to.

No comments: