Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Award winning news

So I'm in Houston for the Brand Meetings and it has been a very interesting couple of days. The Audit presentation was met with boo's and hisses from the crowd who argued semantics of the audit rather than focusing on the issues that give rise to financial risk. Following an uncomfortable 45 minutes of audit questions the meeting shifted to award recognition of managers of the year for Region 8. And shock of shocks I was named Manager of the Year for R8A6. I was totally shocked and even more shocked to find out that this award recognition was the whole reason I was brought to Houston in the first place. Apparently everyone at work has known about this for over a month but NO ONE breathed a word to me. I've never worked with a group of people that could actually keep a secret before. Its a very different feeling.

So tonight is the big formal dinner and awards ceremony where the food and wine will be plentiful and the awards will be presented. So after a minor clothing crisis because I didn't realize that I would be walking the stage this evening to receive an award I have resolved to fully enjoy this evening and to take away some good memories of my old area. Cause goodness knows the reception from the locations I've audited has been very, very mixed. So this is my moment in the sun....and I'm going to enjoy it!

Wish me luck, and I hope that I don't trip on my way to the stage!!

No comments: