Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Back on the Non-profit Bandwagon again

Today has been amazingly productive!! I have registered to participate in three walks/runs for organizations such as the American Lung Association, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and the Aids Arms Life Walk. All for different months going all the way through November of this year. In addition I also signed up to volunteer for two different walks - the MS walk in March and Runner's World - Kids Running/Walking event in April.

It feels wonderful to know that just by giving a few hours of time on a Saturday or Sunday a difference could be made in another persons life. It feels good to get re-involved with non-profit activities again. When I lived in MN I think I participated/volunteered in at least two events a month beginning in March and ending in September...but then I didn't travel nearly as much as I do now and I was in better shape!

So it is a little by little process to get re-involved but nonetheless I'm excited about the upcoming events.

And btw....NO I do not do the who fundraising thing. If funds need to be raised I pay them out of my own pocket....I intensely dislike people who constantly ask for donations for this or that...good thing I'm not in sales!

No comments: