Monday, March 05, 2007

To New York and back again

Bad things happen when you don't take the time to blog.....of course I don't mean "bad things" literally but more along the lines of experiencing so many unique things that by the time I get around to blogging about them, they are rather faded like an old photograph...the excitement and energy felt while exploring a new city has faded behind the tedium of yet another day in the office.

So let me just say that New York was a complete experience like none other. I was fortunate enough to spend some time with a friend who came up for a couple of days (although I did end up working more than I wanted to during the visit), I had the opportunity to see two Broadway shows - "The Producers" with Tony Danza and "Avenue Q" the puppet show, which is a cross between Sesame Street and South Park. I also saw Chinatown - Prada anyone?? I had a cookie from Elanis Bakery, cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery, drinks at the "G-Spot" and "Therapy". Dinner one evening was at a wonderful little French restaurant in the Meat Packing District and of course a slice of authentic New York Pizza at 2:30am on a Saturday morning. In addition, I saw the ice skating rink at Rockefeller Center, I shivered in the early morning air while standing in the crowd for the Today Show with Al, Meredith, Ann and Matt and the worlds largest fondue, and of course spent way to much money at the huge Virgin Records Store in Times Square.

All in all a very unique experience.

And thus life returns to normal. I'm in Dallas for a week then it is off to Miami - this should be a quiet trip as I've visited Miami before so not to much running around but more working and fine tuning the audit process.

No comments: