Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Return of the traveling auditor

The return to the land of Texans. It is good to be home. Toronto was entertaining once the Novotel was done. I had an opportunity to revisit the land of AEL and it was good to refresh my skills and VERY nice to be able to eat out where I wanted each night, but also I have to admit that I like many of the perks of the ABL environment. So each side has its pros and cons. Very diplomatic of me isn't it! :)

I flew back to Dallas late Saturday eve, and had the joy of enjoying a nice dinner with John and Mary. They are two of the nicest people around. Considering that they really didn't know me that well before the move to Texas they have welcomed me into their family and have made me feel soooo included in their lives. Case in point - they knew that I was flying back on Saturday and when I arrived on the ground I had a voicemail inviting me to dinner. How sweet and caring is that! And they do things like that all the time!! Amazing people!

Sunday I kind of overslept and missed breakfast with the gang---the past two weeks caught up with me a little bit. But I did make it to church and then ran numerous errands, picked up some groceries so I wouldn't eat Sarah and Ryan out of home and hearth and then went back home for some serious work time. Well, the work time was semi-productive, the sitting on the swing and listening to the sounds of the neighborhood was very productive and my sanity was fully restored. It was an incredible evening. Around 8pm (ish) Sarah and Ryan arrived home with all kinds of goodies from one of our favorite wineries. We had dinner and a bottle of fabulous wine and caught up on the events of each others lives for the past two weeks.

This week is a fast paced, hectic week as I am flying out on Wednesday for Minneapolis. So there is lots to do and not much time but all in all things are going well.

No comments: