Thursday, June 14, 2007

Frugality

So my vacation to Denver is coming up. The plane ticket purchased for the amazingly low price of $7.50 - thank goodness for frequent flier miles and the rental car held for under $200.00. So the purpose of this is that I would like to be able to enjoy this vacation for about $200.00 including meals and sightseeing. I have 8 days in Denver but do not / can not blow my bank account while out there. Vacationing on a budget is a new concept for me. As many know my personal finances are not something that I ever give a lot of thought to aside from is there enough there to put gas in the car. Others finances I can watch like a hawk and at times offer excellent advice on ways to economize and to properly manage the flow of debits and credits on a consistent basis. But for me vacationing on a budget is just a foreign concept. But in the interest of still going on this vacation and not cancelling and sitting at home for two weeks I am going to try to vacation on a budget.

So if anyone has any suggestions on how to have fun on a very limited dollar amount I would appreciate any and all comments. Luckily my hotel room does have a fridge and microwave so I can probably do meals really cheap - breakfast in my room, lunch for under $10.00 and dinner for under $20.00 but even that just by itself is $240.00 and I haven't even driven anywhere, put gas in the rental car or paid for any park fees! This sucks.

Is it possible to vacation for $200.00 or should I stay home?

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I think you can do it. Buy groceries and cut out the lunch eating out saves you a bundle. Just an idea...it is awesome you are going on vacation. I had to blow all of my vacation time after sick time ran out, so now vacation time this year.