Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wednesday

The sun is shining, the weather delightful and we are working indoors! But there is hope for lunch and dinner on the terrace. We are still enjoying the hospitality of the Sofitel Washington DC and have reached the midway point of our time in this great city. The Paris Team will be leaving very late Friday night for their trip back to Paris and I will be leaving that evening for a short taxi ride to Springfield, VA to perform one additional audit in the DC area.

Looking back on the trip it really has not been so bad. Of course I would not like to do 12-16 hour days every week but for a two week stretch it was bearable. Of course, the team members have been wonderful and I have learned an incredible amount from them and they in turn have been a delight with which to work (not at all the horrible experience which I had been anticipating).

But while this has been a good experience I must admit to being ready to come home and see all my friends again. There has been so much going on that I have missed out on that I want to rush home, catch up on the news, become part of the gang again and take part of the fun.

Just out of curiosity--does anyone feel like sushi this weekend? It has been WEEKS since I have indulged in the wonderful freshness of salmon, wasabi and rice---yummy, yummy.

No comments: