Monday, November 07, 2005

Status for the moment

So the research paper is going well. I wrapped last night up at about 11:30pm and now have 19 pages to my credit, two of which need to be trashed. So that reduces my total count down to about 17 but I still need to write about the Dred Scott Case and the importance of the Missouri Compromise in relation to the Dred Scott Case and its total failure to pacify either the North or the South in their ongoing secession disputes. Honestly, this paper is total crap but what can a girl do. I dislike the subject matter, don't have time to properly research any of the interesting topics and truthfully think that slavery is a dead issue. Its over and done with, do we need to continue to revisit every day? When is enough enough? I honestly think that its time to move on....now watch and see how much hate mail I get from this little topic! I'm not saying it wasn't an important part of history from the colonial period to antebellum period and through the sixties and seventies but I'm rather sick of it. There are so many other interesting topics just waiting to be discussed that I think equal time should be devoted to those rather than bogging students down with yet another example of how history did people wrong.

Okay, I'm done now...this was just a rant and if I offended anyone I'm sincerely sorry. Its nothing personal but I've been reading court cases and slave narratives for the last two months and I'm ready for some new subject matter.

So Sarah...Prep yourself! I plan on having the rough draft to you no later than Tuesday evening. It will be messy but then someone once told me so is life:)

Many thanks to those of you who kept me company via phone and email as I slogged my way through this paper, I probably would have drank a too much wine as I searched for inspiration and been much, much unahppier if I hadn't had you to talk with for study breaks.

The schedule for this upcoming week is pretty crazy so if anyone needs to get in touch with me after Thursday you will need to call my cell. Where I'm heading there are no computers with internet access! Litteraly Hays is at the end of the earth. I'm just happy they have a gas station, and I have reconciled myself to the fact that there will be no coffee for the next two days. Agony, distress, suffering and mental anguish could ensue....but I'll try to be strong.

3 comments:

Sarah Loyd said...

Wait, don't they have coffee at the gas station? Oh never mind, that's not the same.

Send me your worst, I'll do my best... :)

Wishful thoughts said...

Too sweet----you're the best!!!!

So how did everything go??

Jeff said...

CONGRATS the paper is done. Now all you have to do is make it a few more weeks until graduation.