Saturday, October 28, 2006

Dallas for a Day

Ahhh relaxation and rest. After a busy Friday morning debriefing the LA team John and I took off for Dallas. Let me just say that although I'm staying at a Studio 6 it was good to be home. I finally made it back to the hotel at 9:15pm (approximately) and since I had stopped at the grocery store on the way home I had a great glass of wine and a bowl of ice cream. Strange combination I know but hey, who cares? It was good to be able to relax with a glass of wine and not be searching for clever conversational tidbits to keep the flow of conversation going and it was also good to enjoy, relish, savor and indulge in some Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I know I debated for at least 5 minutes between the Haagen Daz Coffee ice cream the Dulce de Leche and the Mint and decided to go with the Classic Mint Chocolate Chip---besides Breyers makes a fantastic Mint Chocolate Chip. So that was my happening Friday night. Wine, ice cream and a little tv. Bliss.

Today was a day for sleeping in, doing laundry, running errands including a rather lengthy stop at Barnes and Nobles for some new reading material. I picked up a copy of Alexandre Dumas' "The Knight of Maison-Rouge" and Charlotte Bronte's "Villette" for the trip to Montreal. I just hope they will last for two weeks. Actually I already know they won't but that just gives me an excuse to look for some reading material while in Montreal.

I have to keep reminding myself of the time change this eve. I know I need to be at the airport bright and early but there is just something about Daylight Savings Time that makes me happy in the Fall and sad in the Spring.

Having my own fridge and stovetop is sooooo nice. A leisurely dinner of three cheese tortellini with Basil and Tomato marinara sauce and the remaining glass or so of the cabernet sauvignon while reading the news paper and I'm set. A little more packing and I'm set to leave tomorrow.

So here is to long flights, even longer customs lines and a whole new adventure. Salut!

No comments: