Thursday, October 05, 2006

Pumpkin Pie and Ice Cream

Fall has arrive in Ohio. The temps dropped from the 80s down to the high today of 56. It was a sudden but welcome change as I'm ready for pretty leaves, sweaters, jeans, comfort food and walking in the park scuffing leaves and smelling the fall air.

I've just about finished the Ohio/Kentucky audits. Actually tomorrow is my last day of audits and then I fly out for Mpls on Saturday. Things have been good concerning the auidts. I had a 14 hour audit on Wednesday but it was so rewarding to see the Managers face light up when he finally grasp the concepts of Credit Card Reconciliations, the Reconciliation of the daily paperwork and absolute need for daily controls of the work produced by his staff. Sometimes I wonder what is actually being imparted during the training process for new managers. But then I remember what it was like when I went through it and I know the trainers are doing their absolute best given a limited time frame to work with and the massive amounts of material that must be imparted to the new managers. So in conculsion to this little blurp--I love the training aspect of my job. I also really enjoy continuing to develop managers who have been out in the field for a while so its not just the newbies that sometimes need additional tools to better perform their job duties but anyone at any point of time could have an area or two of need. And I'm fortunate enough to be able to assist in that area. What drives me nuts are those people who don't care and don't perform up to standard. Those are the frustrating situations when I end the day just wanting to pull my hair out or shake them. I think for the most part the majority of manangers do care but as a great trainer I once had told me....99% of the people whom you come into contact with are great but then there is that "yucky" 1% and those are the ones who you remember most vividly. So I'm doing my best to remember the great 99% and to let the yucky 1% go. Its a work in progress :)

So back to my original thought. I was fortunate enough to finish the audits in a timely manner today--which is good cause I didn't finish the reports for Wednesdays auidt till 1:30am and I'm beat today. And I decided to find a good place to eat dinner. Much easier said than done...Springfield OH really doesn't have much other than fast food. But anyhow I found this tiny, tiny Chinese restaurant and had a great dinner then on my way back to the RRI I saw that Bob Evans has their fall pies back in stock. Well my rental car just drove itself there and I was literaly compelled to go in and have a piece of pumpkin pie. I am so happy I did. It was the perfect embodiement of the good fall memories I have. Delicious!

So thats my day. Now I'm closing out the reports so I don't have "as much" work to do tomorrow and I'm gonna crash at a reasonable time tonight. I'm so excited!

j'etude francaise beaucoup ce soir aussi!

No comments: