Monday, February 20, 2006

Planning

After a great weekend of relaxation and rest I realized this morning that I have some serious work to do prior to the work week beginning again tomorrow. I honestly have no idea where the time goes. The job is progressing more and more smoothly. I have to admit that it is wonderful to be out on my own without worry or concern about someone elses time schedules, what they want to do, where they want to eat dinner and they myriad of other details that seem to pop up when traveling with a partner. The auidts have not been taking as long, which I see as a very positive sign. Not that anyone is passing but at least my speed in conducting the audits is showing a positive trend.

B. and I are so-so. We got into a tiff the other night when I was out at a wine tasting with Sarah, Ryan and a bunch of their friends in SA. The whole he was home and I was out issue came to light and there might have been a little bit of jealousy on his part that I was out socializing. That is the difficulty of new relationships/friendships. Just how far does the trust extend. Well, I know where I stand on that issue and many of you know my concerns so I won't bore you to death with them again. Needless to say on Sunday morning, he called and apologized for his behavior the previous evening, and while it wasn't a perfect apology, it was still an apology. Later that day there were several text msgs sent that in essence were making up for his lack of communication the previous week. Strange and bizarre. Supposedly he is trying to see if he can fly out to see me the first weekend in March....but this once again is a situation where I'm not holding my breath. Its amazing the things that could pop up at the last minute and cause havoc for whatever plans he is making. But then its also true that if I was trying to make plans to fly out to see him, the said plans would be sketchy at best just because of the nature of my job.

The CA trip is almost finalized after a frantic period of revisions. The layout of the trip is still fantastic but I won't be weekending at Mammoth Lakes like I had hoped. Nonetheless, the opportunity is still there to spend some quality time in the parks and I fully intend to take advantage of all the beautiful scenery while I'm out there.

So that all the news that is news. Life in the fast lane....kind of boring this week!

No comments: