Thursday, November 02, 2006

Learning lots

What a week. I simply cannot believe that it is already Thursday and my time at the Sofitel Montreal is almost done. But my fun doesn't end with Friday because I have another whole week in Montreal as we prepare to audit the other Montreal location.

This week has been packed to the gills (who comes up with these expressions anyhow, and why do the stick in your head?) with new information, reports and most of all the opportunity to see it all come together. I am so happy that I no longer feel as though I'm wading through information that feels like fog with the consistency of pea soup but rather am now progressing more comfortably through a fog the consistency of wispy vapor. How is that for an analogy! No, seriously things are going well and I'm absorbing as much as possible from John and things are going well. Granted when it comes time to go out on my "own" it might be a different story. But I'll deal with that when the time comes.

John and I are talking about renting a car for the weekend and heading over to Quebec City to see the city or to Mont Blanc to check out the snowfall--they had 11 inches this week! Or we could just spend the weekend here in Montreal exploring the city. I went for a walk last evening and passed three art museums and at least a half dozen coffee shops in a two mile radius. So never fear I can entertain myself with no problem. Plus I also have this uncontrollable need to visit at least one bookstore and pick up some French reading material so I can continue to develop my reading/literacy skills in French and goodness knows if I read out loud to myself it will help my conversational abilities even though if anyone saw me they would think I was crazy--to be talking to myself that is! But aside from the bookstore, art museums, coffee shops I also really want to find a store and procure a scarf or two plus a pair of the cutest heeled Mary Janes that are just darling. I've seen a number of people with them and they are functional, stylish and won't kill my feet at the end of day. Plus if I get them I can wear them on the flights and they would be easy on/off for security. See, I can talk myself into anything.

So that is the scoop for me. Work, went for a walk to get some fresh air, saw part of the city, loved the city and wouldn't mind being based out of Canada--the likelihood of that occurring is nonexistent BTW, and am anticipating a fun weekend.

So that's it for now....more to follow as weekend plans progress.

No comments: